Here are the the Top 10 essential foods for eyes known to maintain health and improve eyesight naturally.
1. Eggs Sunny side up anyone? Eggs are the most nutritious and beneficial to your eyes because they carry an excellent source of vitamins A, B-12 and D. Also it contains zinc, lutein and amino acid cysteine which all reduce the risk of cataracts and age-related macular degeneration (AMD).
2. Leafy Green Vegetables: Most greens are stuffed with vitamins and calcium. You’d get the most bang for your buck with spinach, which is full of the antioxidants found naturally in the eyes, lutein and zeaxanthin. Word to the wise: DON’T over cook your greens because it destroys all these nutrients!
3. Garlic: Natural lens protector! Rich in sulfur and loaded with antioxidants.
4. Salmon: Contains a generous dose of vitamins and omega-3s which have been shown to prevent retinal deterioration.
5. Carrots: Most commonly known friendly food for eyes. Contains beta-carotene; great for the retina and sun protection.
6. Blueberries: These powerful berries contain bioflavonoids, prevention musts for cataracts and AMD.
7. Avocados: High content of the ever-so-needed antioxidant lutein.
8. Dark Chocolate: These flavonoid infused delights help protect blood vessels in your eyes which nourish your lens and cornea as you age.
9. Soy: Contains important fatty acids and other nutrients.
10. Red Wine: Stops eyesight deterioration via blood vessels protection through flavonoids and resveratrols.
So as you can SEE these foods and yummy treats not only look and taste good, but they are also healthy for eyes! Bon appetit!