About Visian ICL
Visian ICL Cost
The Visian ICL is a premium quality vision correction procedure.1 It is considered “premium” because it comes with significant benefits and advantages that are sometimes better than what you will get from other standard vision correction procedures. The cost of the Visian ICL reflects the value of these benefits. Additionally, the cost may vary based on the doctor you choose to improve your vision. Contact a Visian ICL surgeon today to discuss specific pricing details.
THE COSTS OF WEARING CONTACTS AND GLASSES
When beginning to consider a refractive procedure and its costs, it’s important to think about the costs associated with continued use of glasses and contact lenses. How much you spend over the long haul may surprise you. You can use our eye care cost calculator to add it all up.
How much money do you spend on prescription glasses and sunglasses per year?
How much money do you spend on contact lenses, cleaning solutions, and eye drops per year?
CLEANING SOLUTIONS / DROPS
How much money do you spend on eye exams for your contacts/glasses per year?
Total eye care costs
*Only a healthcare provider can determine your length of benefit for the Visian ICL.
† Based on average Visian ICL cost as determined by Market Scope U.S. Refractive Surgery Quarterly Update, Q1 2014.
OTHER COSTS OF GLASSES AND CONTACTS
When considering the true cost of wearing glasses and contacts, don’t forget about the non-monetary costs like hassle and time.
The hassle of:
- Replacing contact lenses & glasses
- Locating lost glasses or contact lenses
- Travel hassles of wearing contact lenses
And the time:
- Did you know the average contact lens wearer spends 5-15 minutes caring for their lenses per day? That adds up to 30-90 hours per year!2
- High Definition Vision: Vision that is sharp, clear and more vivid than ever before. When compared to other corneal refractive procedures, like LASIK, the Visian ICL may produce more crisp and clearer vision as evidenced by fewer higher order aberrations.3
- Permanent Yet Removable: One of the most common concerns people have about LASIK is that the procedure permanently changes the eye. One of the important advantages of the Visian ICL is that while it was designed to permanently correct your vision, the lens can be removed and/or replaced if necessary.
- Instant Visual Improvement: After the relatively simple 15-minute outpatient procedure, patients experience an immediate improvement in vision quality and are “Wowed” by the results. The recovery for the Visian ICL is usually quick and pain-free, and may be as little as one day.
- Flexibility for the Future: While LASIK involves cutting and removing eye tissue that cannot be replaced, concerns involving the cornea typically do not apply to the Visian ICL. In fact, no natural corneal tissue is permanently removed or reshaped in any way during implantation of the Visian ICL, leaving you open and flexible for future vision procedures.
- UV Protection: Long-term exposure to UV radiation can damage the eyes; and longer term or more intense exposure increases the chance of eye disorders including the development of cataracts and some retinal problems. As an added feature, the advanced lens material of the Visian ICL contains a UV blocker that actually prevents harmful UV rays from entering the eye.
The Value of HDTV?
Remember when the first HDTV’s came out? At first, you thought your standard definition television was great for watching your favorite shows, movies and sporting events, but then you caught your first glimpse of High Definition television. Knowing that without an HDTV you’d be missing out on the highest quality picture available was enough to persuade many to upgrade despite a premium price. Imagine knowing there is the best quality HD vision out there for you. And instead of a TV that you watch for 2 hours a day, the Visian ICL can give you HD quality vision your every waking hour. Because, the Visian ICL, like the best quality HDTVs, is a premium product, you can expect the cost of the procedure to be higher than other refractive procedures.
AVERAGE ICL COST
According to Marketscope, the average price of LASIK in the United States in 2013 was about $2,000 per eye. Based on premium benefits, exclusive technology and exceptional results, you can expect to pay a premium price for the Visian ICL. To get an exact price, contact the nearest qualified Visian ICL doctor.
PAYMENT PLAN OPTIONS
Many doctors offer payment plan options for vision correction procedures giving you the option to spread the cost of paying for the Visian ICL over time. This puts you in control of how much you want to spend each month. Payment plans typically range from 6 months to 60 months and can be adjusted to suit your financial goals. Monthly payment plans can be as low as a dinner out each month. Contact a surgeon to learn more about your financing options.
2. Q3-2011 Refractive Quarterly Update. Market Scope. Saint Louis, MO.
3. Martin RG, Sanders DR. Higher order aberrations following implantation of four foldable lens designs. Presented at: American Society of Cataract and Refractive Surgery (ASCRS); June 21-26, 2003; New Orleans, La.